Certified Hospitality and Tourism Management Professional (CHTMP)
High school students can earn an industry-recognized, portable professional certification upon completion of the two-year HTMP curriculum and exams, along with an internship experience.
Individuals can demonstrate they are prepared for a position in the hospitality industry by achieving this portable professional certificate.
Objective domains are a comprehensive set of specific and measurable knowledge, understanding and skills that are the basis for the development of both the certificate exams and learning products
Candidates for this certification must pass the Level 1 and Level 2 CHTMP exams with scores of 70% or higher; and also complete 100 hours of paid or unpaid work experience in one or more of the following qualifying areas:
- Accommodations: Hotels, resorts, motels, hostels, vacation rentals, vacation ownership, bed & breakfast properties, recreational vehicles and camping
- Food & Beverage: Restaurants, full-service, fine dining, quick service, banquet facilities, lounges
- Transportation: Airlines, cruise lines, rail, car rentals, tour/coach operators, bus lines, taxis
- Attractions: Theme parks, zoos, national/state/local parks, natural wonders, heritage sites
Educators or Proctors administering the exam will submit cohort/class rosters, workplace vouchers and the exam answer sheets to:
AHLEI Exam Processing
6751 Forum Drive
Orlando, FL 32821
Educators/Proctors/Examinees may submit work vouchers on behalf of the examinee along with exam answer sheets or within 120 days of completing the second exam.
A completed class roster is required with each class or cohort submission.
AHLEI will monitor completion of the requirements (two exams, voucher for completion of work requirement or approved simulation) and award the certificates upon receipt and review of all components.
Visit Hospitality and Tourism Management Program for more information on the resource materials that may be used to prep for the CHTMP exams.
Students must complete two 100-question exams with a score of 70% or higher on both. Students receive a Certificate of Completion from AHLEI for each year.
Exams must be proctored. To register as a proctor for CHTMP exams or to schedule an exam, contact AHLEI.
- Duration: 2 Years
- Attendees: 01 Participant / Price: $1300.00
- Location: Free Online