Certified Hospitality Facilities Executive (CHFE)
Gone are the days when a hospitality engineer was just a handyman who could jury-rig any system that went wrong. No, you are a highly-skilled manager with outstanding human resources skills, facilities management expertise, sound judgment and practical knowledge and skills. From environmental management to safety designs to landscaping to financial management, you keep a property in top shape. The Certified Hospitality Facilities Executive Certification recognizes all you do to keep up with an ever-changing engineering environment.
The CHFE certification can help you excel in your current position, move further toward your career goals, and show that you are among the best in your profession.
The hospitality industry constantly changes, so hospitality professionals must continually advance their knowledge and skills. For this reason, certification designees hold their certification for only five years.
During the next five years, the designee must:
- Maintain their qualifying position within the industry
- Earn points by fulfilling activity requirements
Points are earned for:
- Professional experience
- Professional development activities/seminars
- Industry-related involvement
- Educational services
Other ways to earn recertification points include:
- Complete any AHLEI hospitality management course online. They provide five points toward the recertification total. View course offerings and enroll today.
- Earn points for attending any industry-affiliated tradeshow, conference, or convention.
You can earn the CHFE designation if you are currently employed as an executive-level or management-level position in engineering/facilities operations of a lodging hospitality company.
Candidate Time in Position: Current employment in a facilities or engineering position for at least one year.
Time in position requirement can be reduced by six months if you meet the following conditions:
- One current AHLEI supervisor, management, department head, or executive certification (limit 1)
- A degree from an accredited academic institution (limit 1)
How to Apply
Have the following documents available to upload:
- Current Resume
- Job Description
- Employment Verification Form (signed by your immediate supervisor)
- Copy of diploma or transcripts
- Complete payment
Download the Certified Hospitality Facilities Executive (CHFE) application.
Candidates for the Certified Hospitality Facilities Executive (CHFE) designation will receive two volumes of CHFE study materials.
When you are ready to take the exam online, contact AHLEI’s Certification Department to have the exam sent to your proctor.
A proctor may be a CHA, CHFE or CEOE, a hospitality educator, an AHLA member association executive, your immediate supervisor or a member of the clergy. Your designated proctor cannot be a relative.
The CHFE exam has 150 multiple-choice questions that must be answered within three hours. The test questions test your mastery of competencies derived from five key areas of knowledge. The key areas of testing are:
- Facilities Management
- Facilities Systems
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
- Duration: 40 Hours
- Attendees: 01 Participant / Price: $1300.00
- Location: Free Online