Certified Hospitality Housekeeping Executive (CHHE®)
No one knows guestrooms like a hospitality housekeeping executive. Housekeeping executives know all the ins and outs of the housekeeping operation from the best place to order supplies to implementing eco-friendly laundry operations to training the team to manage the latest bedding trends. You know how to motivate and manage a large staff of housekeeping employees. The Certified Hospitality Housekeeping Executive certification recognizes that you are a professional who is dedicated to keeping your skills up to date and your property sparkling.
The CHHE certification can help you excel in your current position, move further toward your career goals, and show that you are among the best in your profession.
The hospitality industry constantly changes, so hospitality professionals must continually advance their knowledge and skills. For this reason, certification designees hold their certification for only five years.
During the next five years, the designee must:
- Maintain their qualifying position within the industry
- Earn points by fulfilling activity requirements
Points are earned for:
- Professional experience
- Professional development activities/seminars
- Industry-related involvement
- Educational services
Other ways to earn recertification points include:
- Complete any AHLEI hospitality management course online. They provide five points toward the recertification total. View course offerings and enroll today.
- Earn points for attending any industry-affiliated tradeshow, conference, or convention.
More good news? There are free courses that count toward certification
You can earn the CHHE designation if you are currently employed as an executive-level or management-level position in housekeeping operations of a lodging hospitality company.
Candidate Time in Position: Current employment in an executive housekeeping position for at least 1 year.
Time in position requirement can be reduced by six months if you meet the following conditions:
- One current AHLEI supervisor, management, department head, or executive certification (limit 1)
- A degree from an accredited academic institution (limit 1)
How to Apply
Have the following documents available to upload:
- Current Resume
- Job Description
- Employment Verification Form (signed by your immediate supervisor)
- Copy of diploma or transcripts
- Complete payment
Download the Certified Hospitality Housekeeping Executive (CHHE®) application.
Candidates for the Certified Hospitality Housekeeping Executive (CHHE) designation will receive two volumes of CHHE study materials.
When you are ready to take the exam online, contact AHLEI’s Certification Department to have the exam sent to your proctor.
A proctor may be a CHA, CHHE, a hospitality educator, an AHLA member association executive, your immediate supervisor or a member of the clergy. Your designated proctor cannot be a relative.
The CHHE exam has 150 multiple-choice questions that must be answered within three hours. The test questions test your mastery of competencies derived from four key areas of knowledge. The key areas of testing are:
- Housekeeping Operations
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
Multiple Staff Members
To order this program for your property to train multiple staff members, Contact Us