More than ever before, the skills of a hospitality trainer are in high demand. Properties depend on trainers to manage and deliver training, to ensure regulations are met, and to prevent guest complaints or even lawsuits that can result from untrained employees. The Certified Hospitality Trainer certification recognizes that you know how to manage every step in the training process from assessing training needs to evaluating the results.
The CHT certification can help you excel in your current position, move further toward your career goals, and show that you are among the best in your profession.
The hospitality industry constantly changes, so hospitality professionals must continually advance their knowledge and skills. For this reason, certification designees hold their certification for only five years.
During the next five years, the designee must:
- Maintain their qualifying position within the industry
- Earn points by fulfilling activity requirements
Points are earned for:
- Professional experience
- Professional development activities/seminars
- Industry-related involvement
- Educational services
Other ways to earn recertification points include:
- Complete any AHLEI hospitality management course online. They provide five points toward the recertification total. View course offerings and enroll today.
- Earn points for attending any industry-affiliated tradeshow, conference, or convention.